Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Myself a river

A friend of mine prayed for me the other day and as she was leaning in and trying to listen to what God was saying she saw a picture.

Something like a river or ribbons of different shades of blue, moving and turbulent, yet with a rhythm. When she asked God what it meant she perceived that it was something like contained chaos and, even more, perceived that the river was headed somewhere.

In that image my heart hears that all the elements all the misdirections of my life, all the dead ends are accounted for and are the many shades of blue in the stream. I feel many shaded in my make up with inclinations and abilities that don’t coalesce, but the picture would say that who I am and the events of my life are all flowing together to one destination.

That is a great comfort to know that my life is contained in God’s sight, in his desire for my redemption and his desire for a kingdom of people that is his own. Nothing about me has got him stumped. He is not wondering what to do with me.

Thanks be to God.

No comments: