Monday, March 9, 2009

The luck runs out

Well after being out of work, due to a voice stealing cold, I've returned to find that some concerned citizen watered my Shamrock while I was gone. Unfortunately it looks as if they have watered it to death.

After a whole year of keeping it alive, actually green and healthy it's foliage has now been reduced by half. I don't think I want to know who it was. That way I don't have to feel personally angry with someone. I can just be mildly grumpy at the universe. I just don't know that I can handle looking at such a scragly looking thing for another year before it decides it's time to shoot out new leaves. This is where I give up on plants.

Hmm. . . hope you all had a better Monday.

2 comments:

Bob and Molly said...

Erica - don't give up. I had Grappy (a plant from Grandpa's funeral) for 10 years and then I decided that it needed some sunlight outdoors. What I was thinking, I will never know. It was not what it needed. It was scraggly and pathetic I was certain that it was gone forever. I was terribly sad. Grappy has been my continued connection to life and Grandpa. I wouldn't give up and my mom brought him back. He's not in Alaska, but mom takes good care of him and someday, we'll find a way to get him here. So don't give up hope. You can bring the luck back.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps with St. Patrick's day around the corner it will find the strength to live again! :) Here's to hoping...