Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bring me your naked muscles

I've embarked on a whole new thing. After swallowing my pride about acquiring yet more education, I've decided to go back to school. This time I'm nearly %100 sure that what I'm doing will be something that I will like, maybe even love. I am leaning toward love.

After how many years of disliking one's work, I am going to risk that there is actually something out there that fits me. I honestly think I'll be good at it. No more sitting all day in a chair, answering the phone or staring mindlessly at a computer screen.

I might have more time, more money for the things I really do enjoy and want to do. Write, take a trip once in a while, ride horses (not just clean up after them). Oh yeah and pay off all the debt from the what am I doing, things will get better years.

The next year won't be the easiest. I'll be working full time while I attempt to go to classes, study and complete the necessary practice hours for certification. That's where your naked muscles come in. I'm sure if your lucky I'll be kneading some sacrificial volunteers.

So get in line right behind my mother. You will have to wait till sometime in later July or August before I actually start using guinea pigs. Classes don't start till June. Hallelujah it's a new day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting, Erica! Hope things go well for you! And you know, I'm willing to be a guinea pig. I'm very sacrificial like that :)

Take care!
Brandy

Unknown said...

Creative title girl....so proud of you and I am so excited that you are entering this most KNEADED :) profession... I am going to pray that Jack Bauer calls you for a massage...he must be sore after trying to save the country! Maybe you should give him a discount! Joanne

Hazel Cade said...

I'm joining the line and excited for you! Thrilled that you're feeling a sense of direction in a new pursuit!

Bob and Molly said...

I do believe that you can find a job you love at any age. Bob and I are living that right now and it is wonderful. I do wish that we lived closer, I would be in that guinea pig line!