Friday, May 22, 2009

The luck returns

Did I forget to mention that the plant survived. About a week or so after whacking off all the dead stuff it started shooting out new leaves. At the same time it started shooting out blooms.

It's lush and full again, fuller than it ever was, in fact. The leaves are a dark green with a burgundy hue underneath and more vibrant than when I bought it.

Maybe I have to thank the mystery bad do-gooder who desecrated it in the first place.

Is this like how God used the Babylonians to judge Israel or how Jesus took hold of what every farmer knew, the seed has to die before it can live.

God uses everything, everything. Doesn't matter what. He is more confounding and wonderful than I think I will ever understand. Even when we get to heaven, I think there will still be things to wonder at and not quiet understand, but there will be love, lots and lots of love, Oh and some lush green plants too.

3 comments:

kjersten said...

"God uses everything, everything. Doesn't matter what. He is more confounding and wonderful than I think I will ever understand."...i needed to hear that. thanks, friend.

Dawn said...

Hooray for green lush plants...and for the God who turns everything around! ;)

Anonymous said...

Kj....loved this story about your plant. There is some symbolism there...well for me anyway. :) I am enjoying reading your posts on your blog. You're awesome!