Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Eyes Open

The oddest thing while I was singing today. I felt more present with my eyes open. Usually it's distracting, but the thing was. I felt more of God's presence looking about than with my eyes closed. This is a different quality than ever before.

Usually if I open my eyes I start looking around and getting distracted, but It seemed to not matter. I could not push the presence away with anything I did. I felt like . . . "well here we are right here, Lord. You have not tucked your self away and made me look for you. This is nice, very very nice and very good.Thank you."

Sometimes he is not so hard to know and you can see him with your eyes wide open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that we both had similar experiences...Father is so kind, so humble.