Monday, January 5, 2009

Reflecting on 2008

I lifted these questions from Beth. I thought they we're a good way to think about the year.

I learned to…..Crochet a blanket

I grew most in…..confidence in singing and putting myself out there.

Another way I saw myself growing was…connecting with God in prayer and worship.

One of my best adventures was… Singing at Beth and Scott’s wedding

I saw/knew God was doing something when….. I didn’t get the job I wanted.

A real gift from God was…. His accessible, constant presence with me and in that coming to believe that pain and sorrow is the temporary thing and that Joy will last forever.

Something I really enjoyed doing more of was…. Running and getting outdoors.

One of the happiest memories of 2008 I’d like to freeze in my mind… Singing at Beth and Scott's wedding ; )

I was really brave when…… I said yes to a date.

Something I’ve grieved about this year was….. Being single

The best word of advice or encouragement I can remember is… When my friends delighted to tell me that, “You’re a being person.”

One thing I’m looking forward to in 2009 is….. More dating.

How about you?

1 comment:

elly said...

erica, i haven't checked your blog since the new year began, and wow have i missed out! i love how much writing you are doing, how your longing has been stirred, and that someone has pursued you. i'm sorry that this one isn't working out, but i have hope that another will. however, i am secretly overjoyed that singing at our wedding was noted in 2 of your reflections. i realize it has very little to do with whose wedding it was, but it still brings me much joy!