Thursday, January 8, 2009

Number Three

I just returned from date number three. I've heard it's suppose to be the magical number. Unfortunately there wasn't any magic in this one. I'm just not feeling it. I'm sure he will be baffled. I smiled, I laughed, I told sympathetic reciprocating stories. But on the inside I was bored, and uninterested and didn't want to share one special thing about myself with him. I didn't want to get him to ponder beautiful things with me or find myself imagining any kind of a future with him.

On the way home I sang in the car. I thought, usually when I want to show someone how I care about them or I want them to like me, I think about singing them a song. I haven't thought about singing him a song.

Now it's public right here on the web. I hope he's not terribly offended and Lord willing he won't find this little blog. Any ideas about how to let him down humanely and fairly. I'm sure I can't go on one more date with out telling him how I'm really feeling.

No comments: